Selkirk Appliance Maintenance Tips
- Clean Condensors from the front of the refrigerator with a vacuum cleaner annually.
- Remove the bad taste from the ice, bag the leftover ice in a sealed bag. Place any vegetables in a sealed bag prior to placing them in the freezer.
- Note: any and all smells that enter into your ice come from the time the water is still liquid and before it turns into ice.
- Check your condenser pan regularly to avoid stains under your refrigerator.
- Change your water filter every 3 to 6 months deopending on use.
Range and Oven Maintenance
- Verify that your oven has a tight seal, check for any worn, broken, torn, or deformed areas of the seal.
- Replace or clean dirty range hood or downdraft vent filters.
- clean stovetop drip bowls from underneath your burner elements. (presoak and hand wash in soapy water).
- Take advantage of the self-clean function, and then wipe it down with a damp cloth.
- Clean glass doors ASAP to avoid stains.
- Clean stovetops after every use, especially if sugar has spilled on the stovetop. Use a damp cloth or sponge.
- Place a bowl of white vinegar on the top rack and run the dishwasher with nothing else in it, and run it on a hot cycle.
- Never just pour vinegar into the bottom of the dishwasher.
- Clean your dishwasher drain basket periodically.
- Check the seal on a regular basis to make sure it doesn’t leak.
- Clean the seal on a regular basis also to avoid any damage.
Washer & Dryer Maintenance
- Clean your flex line to avoid blockage and possible fire on a regular basis.
- Clean your lint screen after every load.
- Wash your lint screen in warm soapy water every few months with lite pressure to remove any buildup.
- Make sure the output of the flex hose from the house isn’t clogged.
- Make sure there aren’t any kinks in the flex hose from the dryer to the output line.
- Inspect your water hose annually, replace if torn, cracked, or leaking with new stainless steel lines for the best protection.
- Clean out your washing machine drain trap a least once a year.
Trash Compactor Maintenance
- Check manufacturer’s guidelines for when you need to change replace the filter.
- Replace the charcoal air filter once a year.
- Keep bacteria from food and garbage from building up, by cleaning it every 6 months with white vinegar solution, then wipe dry thoroughly.
Tips to Save Money
- Only 8% of warranties that are sold are ever used.
- Always let hot appliances cool before cleaning them.
- If your appliances use gas to heat them, and you smell a foul odor leave the house and dial 911.
- Always unplug any appliance before removing it to do any cleaning.